Relationship issues can be difficult to resolve on our own and are best addressed earlier rather than later. We can sweep issues under the carpet for a while but the bumps soon begin to show, and if left for an extended period of time will only grow resentment and emotional distance. Attempts by couples to resolve the issues by themselves often only leads to more conflict as neither party feel heard.
Counselling can provide a safe environment to discuss the issues where both partners have an opportunity to voice their experiences and concerns. Well managed counselling sessions will see a huge reduction in the stress and conflict that you may be experiencing.
I can assist you with the following areas:
- Rebuilding intimacy.
- Increasing communication
- Increasing sexual intimacy
- Dealing with a controlling or abusive partner
- Managing conflict with extended family
- Managing conflict in the relationship
- Conflict over parenting styles
- Rebuilding the relationship after an affair
- Trust issues
Understanding the cyclic nature of relationships and why negative patterns reoccur.’